Patrick Olsen’s most recent awards include:
- The Jean Rudduck Memorial Bursary 2017 for an outstanding PhD upgrade. Awarded at the end of my first year in the Faculty of Education, Cambridge.
- The Barton Prize 2016 for being “the graduate student who has made the most outstanding contribution to Homerton College life over the past year”.
- Homerton Student Representation Award 2016 for distinguished representation of Homerton beyond the college (This award is usually given to varsity athletes so my receiving it for music is a very rare distinction).
- Limerick City Arts Commission 2014 to compose original music highlighting the collection of The Hunt Museum, Limerick, Ireland.
- Artist in Residence at The Hunt Museum 2011-2013 with CoMA ensemble, Limerick, Ireland. Solitary Andromeda (2012) and Two Images of Roderick O’Conor (2013-14) were commissioned and first performed during this residency.
- Artist in Residence at The Belltable Theatre 2009-2011 with CoMA ensemble, Limerick, Ireland. Lament for Clarinet was commissioned and first performed during this residency.
You may be interested in the following pages: